Employee Assistance Committee

Employee Assistance Committee

Committee Members

What is the Employee Assistance Committee?

Frequently Asked Questions

Social and Health Services


Finances/Debt Relief

Committee Members

Steven Crummey
Employee Assistance Program Coordinator
cell.: (650) 745-5867
fax: (650) 952-3196
Unitel: (650) 634-3006

  Steve Loone
Employee Assistance Program Coordinator
office/fax:  (650) 873-4346
cell ph.:  (650) 745-5864
Unitel: (650) 634-6619

What is the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?
The Teamsters' EAP offers free, confidential help to their Union members and their families when a personal problem develops.

Your EAP Coordinator will listen to your problem and will assist you in developing a plan of action that will meet your needs. If necessary, you will be referred to a qualified service provider in your Community.

The Employee Assistance Program is voluntary. It's up to you to decide whether or not you will follow through with EAP suggestions or recommendations. 

The services provided by EAP are free. If the referral to a community service provider is necessary, your EAP coordinator will work with you to make effective use of your insurance benefits.

Some of the issues we can assist you with are:

  • Substance/alcohol abuse
  • Stress
  • Debt/credit counseling
  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Grief
  • Loss
  • Martial relationships
  • Domestic violence
  • Sexual abuse
  • Elder care
  • Eating disorders
  • Child/teen conduct
  • Gambling
  • Will also help filing for state disability, FMLA, Workers' compensation

Feel free to contact us anytime for free, confidential assistance.

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do once placed on EIS?

1.      Call your Local for a withdrawal card and to update your address. Local 856 members, call (650) 635-0111, Local 986 members call (626) 350 9860.

2.      File for Ca. State Disability and/or any other longterm disability insurance you may have.

3.      Call UAL Benefits at 1 800 651 1007 for insurance.

4.      Call UAL ESC at 1-877-825-3729 to update address.

5.      Non-Work Related Injuries: Keep UAL Medical Department (OPCMD) updated with current absence certificates on your condition(s) as needed. Their fax number is 1 847 700 2600.

       Work-Related Injuries: Update the Employee Service Center with the employee status form. Their fax number is 1-847-700-2600.

6.     Keep your Supervisor advised of travel plans/flight info if not restricted by your doctor.



Social and Health Services

Alcoholics Anonymous
1 800 923 8722

Al-Anon Family Groups

1 888 684 6444

Alzheimer's Hotline
1 800 272 3900

American Hospice Foundation

Americans with Disabilities Act

American Red Cross 

Autism Society of America

Debtors Anonymous 

Gamblers Anonymous

(626) 960 3500

Marijuana Anonymous

1 800 766 6779 

1 800 MEDICARE 24 hours a day, 7 days a weel

Narcotics Anonymous

1 818 773 9999

National Center on Domestic and Sexual Violence

National Institute on Drug Addiction

301 443 1124

National Resource Center on Domestic Violence

National Suicide Prevention

1 800 273 TALK

Overeaters Anonymous

Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration

Sexaholics Anonymous

866 424 8777


Government Services/Employment/Unemployment

State of California Employment Development Department

U.S. Department of Labor

1 877 US2 JOBS

Department of Transportation Drug & Alcohol Testing Program

California Workers' Comp


Finances, Debt Relief

American Consumer Credit Counseling
1 800 769 3571

Homeownership Preservation Foundation (HOPE)
888 995 HOPE

Union Plus Consumer Credit Counseling

Union Plus Save My Home Hotline

Social Security Information

1 800 772 1213


Member Login
Apply for an Account | Remind Me!